MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten

Théo et le pot

Théo et le pot - Doris Lauer When the line at the rue de Mont Blanc post office is too long, there's usually a book for small children I can read while I'm waiting. Today, it was Théo et le pot, and if you have a small child who's interested in potties it's not at all bad.

The plot is straightforward. Théo, I think about two, has been given his first potty, but what's he going to do with it? Well, let's see... he could put it on his head like a hat... get Teddy to sit on it... use it as a drum? All valid options, and they hold Théo's attention until he gives up and wanders away.

But then... panic! Théo needs to faire pipi, and where's that potty?? He finds it just in time. His parents hear an unfamiliar sound, and think... wow!!!

That's pretty much the whole story. I was originally planning to compare it with The Odyssey, but in the end it seemed like too much of a stretch. Sorry.