MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten

Max Adore Jouer

Max Adore Jouer - Dominique de Saint Mars, Serge Bloch Unlike his big sister Lili, who's a serious, reflective girl, Max is frivolous. He's always goofing around when he should be working. He gets bored when no one will play with him. His parents feel kind of worried, but most of the time they just have to give in to his charm. My first reaction was that this wasn't one of the best episodes in the series, but then realisation dawned: shit, this is me! I don't take life seriously enough either. Even though it's far from being all bad - the book makes this clear - you can have too much of anything.

Damn you, Dominique de Saint-Mars, and your two female projections in the books! I feel just like Max after he's been given his regular dose of free psychoanalysis by Mom and Sis. Girls. Bloody girls. Sometimes they're too smart and insightful for their own good.

Well, I suppose I'd better get back to work, that is if I can't find a way to waste more time playing with my Internet friends...