MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten

Authorized Murder

Authorised Murder - Isaac Asimov Another bandwagon I couldn't resist the urge to jump on...

ASIMOV: Good morning team. Now, I know you're all eager to get started on Authorised Murder, but why don't we take a moment to introduce ourselves. You first.

ASIMOV: I'm Asimov. Overall concept. I'm proud to say that it's going to be a sexy, post-modernist mystery...

ASIMOV: You gotta be kidding. How are we ever-

ASIMOV: Shut up, Asimov. Next?

ASIMOV: Asimov. Plot and suspense.

ASIMOV: Like you're going to be able to do plot and suspense! I mean, if we'd had Asimov, it might have been different-

ASIMOV: I said shut up, Asimov! Asimov is busy with Robot 8, but I'm confident Asimov will do a fine job. Next!

ASIMOV: Asimov. Sex and romance.

ASIMOV: Oh come on Asimov, get real. What do you know about sex and romance? What was wrong with using Asimov?

ASIMOV: He's finishing The Gods Themselves. But Asimov knows his stuff. I'm sure we've all read his books on dirty limericks, they're first class.

ASIMOV: Yeah, right. So okay, Asimov, what's the sex and romance going to be like?

ASIMOV: Well Asimov, I got a few ideas. One of the characters is gonna have this weird thing, he's into-

ASIMOV: Spare us the details, Asimov. Is that it?

ASIMOV: No way, Asimov, I was just getting started when you so rudely interrupted me! The weird thing, and then I'm going to describe all the women's breasts every time I get an-

ASIMOV: Jesus Christ! It's worse than I thought. Why didn't we ask Asimov to do this part?

ASIMOV: He's just started Asimov's Guide to the Bible. Booked up. And look, it's not so bad-

ASIMOV: Not so bad?

ASIMOV: Like I said, not so bad. We don't have anyone to do characterization. Describing the women's breasts is a whole lot better than nothing at all.

ASIMOV: You mean, if we didn't know what their tits looked like we wouldn't be able to tell them apart?

ASIMOV: Asimov, stop being so negative. Tell us what you're doing instead.

ASIMOV: Post-modernism. I-

ASIMOV: I coulda guessed. So what's your idea of post-modernism, smartass?

ASIMOV: I'm making Asimov a character in the story. And he co-writes it with the narrator and they have little fights in the footnotes. It's sophisticated and droll-

ASIMOV: Ha! And you were laughing at Asimov. Asimov, why the heck didn't Asimov get this job?

ASIMOV: He's assigned to Asimov's Paradise Lost until September. Stop whining, Asimov.

ASIMOV: Yeah, Asimov, he's right. We got a job to do. Deadline, remember?

ASIMOV: Sorry, Asimov.

ASIMOV: It's alright, Asimov.

ASIMOV: Thank you team, I knew you were all professionals. Now I want a first draft by Tuesday. That okay with everyone?

ASIMOV: Can we make it Wednesday, Asimov? I promised Asimov I'd lend him a hand with Hugo Winners Volume III.

ASIMOV: Fair enough, Asimov. Wednesday it is. Nine o'clock start?

ASIMOV: Sure, Asimov.

ASIMOV: Good with me, Asimov.

ASIMOV: No problem, Asimov.

ASIMOV: Great! Now come on guys, no time to lose. Let's get writing.