MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten
The Second Wife - Elizabeth Buchan - Sweetie, how are you? We haven't talked for -

- That fucking cow. I saw him with her the other day.

- Oh, I'm sorry -

- Well, at least it looks like it's a difficult pregnancy. I hope she's got varicose veins.

- You know, you shouldn't -

- And I hope those little half-cup bras aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I hope they cut into her disgusting swollen tits every time she wears them.

- Sweetie, really -

- I bet she'll be a terrible mother. She has no idea how to deal with children. None whatsoever. And she can't cook either.

- Well, we'll have to -

- She's no good for him, you know. She stresses him out. He always looks so tired. She only thinks about herself.

- Yes, he does rather -

- If he just drops dead one day it'll be her fault. It would serve them both right.

- Sweetie -

- I sometimes wonder what he's put in his will. I think she might get a nasty surprise.

- I -

- Then she'd have to get by on her own. She'd see what it was like. The stupid fucking bitch. Bitch. Aargh!

- Shall I get us another round?

- Thanks. Oh fuck, I'm sorry, I shouldn't talk about myself all the time, I just can't help it. So what are you doing? How's the novel coming along?

- Blocked. Can't decide how to continue.

- Oh, that's awful! I loved the first one. And I'm just going on and on, I know, I hear myself saying these terrible things and I wish I didn't, but -

- Sweetie, don't worry. Let it all out and you'll feel better. I love listening to you.

- You do? Really?

- I do.

- Oh my god, you're always so nice to me, I feel ashamed. You know, really, in my heart of hearts, I know she's not so bad. I'm just so fucking angry with her. And with him.

- Well of course you are.

- You're right. Now I've said all that shit, I feel better. We should meet more often.

- We should!

- Look, I hope you start getting unblocked with your book soon.

- Actually, I just had an idea. I wonder -

- Oh fuck, is it one o'clock already? I'm so sorry, I have to go. We'll talk more about you next time. Sorry. Sorry! Bye.

- Sweetie, it's okay! See you soon. Bye. And you look after yourself.

- Mwah!