MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten
Sexual Rhetoric in the Works of Joss Whedon: New Essays - Erin B. Waggoner I thought at first this had to be a joke. I mean, look at the blurb:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer has remained an enduring feature of late 1990s pop culture, spawning television spin-offs, rabid fans, and significant scholarly inquiry. Though there have been numerous books devoted to the work of Joss Whedon, this collection of fifteen essays is the first to focus specifically on the sexual rhetoric found in his oeuvre, which includes Angel, Firefly/Serenity, Dollhouse, and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, as well as Buffy. Topics covered include the role of virginity, lesbianism and homoeroticism in the shows and the comics, the nature of masculinity and femininity and gender stereotypes, an exploration of sexual binaries, and a ranking of the Buffy characters on the Kinsey scale of sexuality. Together these essays constitute a much-needed addition to the expanding body of Whedon gender scholarship.
But when I checked on Amazon, I found it cost $35 - so presumably it's a real piece of academic writing, as opposed to a parody?

Wow. It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between ironic and serious commentary on pop culture. I'm still not completely sure about this one. Maybe the price tag is ironic too? If so, kudos to Ms. Waggoner!