MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten
Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life - Spencer Johnson, Kenneth H. Blanchard Dear Mr. Christ,

I was at that meeting you held the other day up on the hill - I guess you wouldn't remember me, I was at the back of the crowd. Anyway, I really liked it. I gotta admit, some of it kind of went over my head, but it was a great speech. I particularly liked the part with blessed are the cheesemakers, I thought that was inspired. Most people never think about cheese, but I think about it all the time.

Well, like I said, some of it was hard to get, but I talked about it afterwards with my friend Brian and he explained it to me. Then I liked it even more! Yeah, that is a very cool message about living in the moment and not overthinking things. You have something there. But then I said to myself, what is this guy missing? And the answer came to me clear as clear: cheese. Just one single mention, and do you know, Brian couldn't even remember that bit.

So, I hope you won't find this presumptuous or anything, but I wrote a longer version, playing up the cheese and making it more, you know, business-friendly. I've attached a PDF and I'd love to know what you think!

Best wishes,

Spencer

Dear Spencer,

I wouldn't have used as many words, but I very much appreciated the Parable of the Cheese. I look forward to seeing you again.

Your friend,