MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten
Hair: The American Tribal Love-rock Musical - Galt MacDermot, Gerome Ragni, James Rado We saw the Milos Forman movie version on Saturday at the open-air cinema (vive Ciné Transat!) So here's the thing that baffles me. As quite a few people have pointed out, it seemed clear that it's a provocative religious allegory. We see a whole long sequence shot in a cathedral, and there are many explicit and implicit references to the Christian Church; a clear example is the early number "Sixteen Year Old Virgin" with its chorus "Hey (Ma)Donna".

So who's supposed to be Jesus? To me, it couldn't be anyone except Berger: I mean, his name means "shepherd" in French, he's the leader of a small group of counter-cultural protesters who preach a gospel of peace and love, and he dies at the end to save Claude, who looks like a pretty standard Everyman. Berger's even got long hair. Like, everyone knows Jesus had long hair, right? But when I google it, the only people I can find who offer an opinion seem to think Claude is Christ.

Huh?