MannyRayner

Douglas R. Hofstadter
Harold McGee
Epistemic Dimensions of Personhood
Simon Evnine
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics)
Christopher M. Bishop
Relativity, Thermodynamics and Cosmology
Richard C. Tolman
The Cambridge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition
Julia Herschensohn, Martha Young-Scholten

Universal Natural History and Theory of the Heavens

Universal Natural History and Theory of the Heavens - Immanuel Kant To the Noble Confraternity of Goodereaders:

I find myself this Week in Königsberg, where I had the Greate Fortune to make Acquaintence of Herr Immanuel Kant, a Gentle Philosopher of that Town. He was all Distraughte, poor fellow, for his new Treatise on Cosmologie had no sooner been printed than the rascally Publisher declared himself Bankrupt, and every Copie of Herr Kant's book straightaway Impounded. I took it upon myself to remonstrate with the Relevant Authority and succeeded in Liberating several Examples of the Work. It was Patheticke to see Herr Kant's Gratitude, and he did Impresse on me to Accept one for myself, which I did, with great Showe of Affection &c on Both Sides. On returning to my Hostelry, I sat me down before a Roaring Fire with Herr Kant's Book and a good Tankard of Ale with a Platter of the Saussage that these Parts are so justly Renowned for; and while I sustained my Body with this Humble but Exquisite Fayre, I regaled my Mind with the Disquisitions of my new Philosophickal Friend.

The rest of this review is in my book If Research Were Romance and Other Implausible Conjectures